Monday, May 3, 2010

Ally's 1st month


Wow!! Ally has grown and gained weight! Fabulous! The wonders of breastmilk. Whew!!! And I could already take a real bath. "Ge Lai" was a Chinese tradition where you can't take a bath after giving birth and you have to eat all those kinds of food, soup and etc and just stay home for 1 month. Everyday egg, chocolates, fish soup, chicken, pigeon, (they call it "diet food" and no vegetables and fruits (because it is "chin" food). "diet food" are those food that keep your body warm and "chin" the opposite. I had no problem in eating and drinking all those Chinese stuffs they prepared because I really liked pigeon and Auntie Tina really cooked well. During our 1st month check-up with Dr. Joy, everything was ok, except that she was worried of my milk supply when I go back to work. She encouraged me to pump and breastfeed and assisted me on how to be ready when I go back to work. Note that Ally was purely breastfeeding and never had a chance to bottle feed yet. So, when we returned home, I read on bottle feeding at "The baby book" by Dr. Sears. It says in the book if possible, during the first time the baby bottle feeds, let someone do it in a way that mimicks breastfeeding way. I instucted Yaya to try bottle feeding Ally. It's better that it won't be you who personally bottle feed the baby to avoid nipple confusion. If the Yaya is unavailable, you can ask your husband to do it but not you. That time, Ally did accept the bottle smoothly when mommy have to leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment